William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday's Pony Possibly Lost in the Shit

I'm trying...really I am. I knew when I started this Tuesdays Pony that sometimes it might be hard. I thought that I'd try to write something each day and that would keep the positiveness on top of my mental thoughts......but.....I haven't written ever day. I've not thought about what is good daily......I've guess.....I've just taken it all for granted.

My son  Mikey  (Mikey will drink anything) is here for the week. Yesterday he arrived at around noon and by 2 he was slurring his words and asking stupid drunk questions like.......how do you spell my name? I didn't know if he was drinking or drugging since he's been known to do both (will someone PLEASE tell me how my gene pool became a cesspool? or is that the other way around? I have a cesspool for a gene pool?) Anyway, he spent all day yesterday drinking himself into oblivion.

This morning Triple D and I are discussing what happened yesterday and I'm telling her that he is NOT going to mess with my serenity. (I think I have some sage left) I'm telling her .... if he drinks today, I'm going to ask him to leave tomorrow. I tell her ....I don't know if he was only drinking but that I suspected he might have done some pills too. I ask her what she thinks and she proceeds to tell me she searched his car and only found Vodka.

I'm like.... WHAT??? What the hell??? So guess what my next question to Triple D was? Why did YOU search his car......her answer?? I wanted his drugs if he had any. She says she saw him "nodding" and thought he might have some in his car.

All I could think of was........vultures........vampires......leeches......something blood sucking or cannibalistic.

I swear..........they are going to be the death of me........

Now get this.....My daughter got her license suspended because she failed to pay her ticket for not having her license with her. She paid the ticket and now......she has to show that she got her license or they will suspend it again??? WTF?? I don't get it. Ok...if you show your license within the amount of time given you don't have to pay anything....if you show it late, you pay $33......if you accidentally, on purpose forget to pay it because your using all you money doing drugs pay it really late, you pay $137. So, technically you have to show your license no matter what.......why are they increasing the fees for being really late? Somehow it just doesn't make sense.

I do taxes for a living. October 15th was the last day to do your taxes if you filed an extension. I have this older lady that shows up on the 15th and she wants to finish her tax return. I have a mock return started that we sent to the IRS but no real numbers. So she says, 'what do you need first?'

I say "lets start with what you made in wages.

She says,"oooo do I need that ?"           

  I look at her with a smile but I'm thinking is she kidding me????

I say, "well,  can I see your income from interest"

She says, "Gosh, darlin', I didn't think to bring that".

I say "hummmm......what about your retirement documents?"

She says, "Uh, well, I know how many miles we drove back and forth the to doctor."

I say, "I don't know what difference that is going to make since I have no income to deduct it from. Do you want to go back home and get your stuff and we'll make an appointment for next week?"

.......yeah well.......we set the appointment for today.

I'd like to do the appointment  a bit earlier in the day so I ask the secretary (who also happens to be Julia my friend)   to see if she can change the time yesterday. She calls and the taxpayer says, "Wednesday will be much better for me."

Julia calls me while she has Ms. Taxpayer on the phone.

I can't do Wednesday.......

Julia goes back to Ms. T/P and I'm hearing Julia's sympathetic ohs and ahs coming over the phone. Julia comes back to me and says, Ms. T/P says she can't do it on Tuesday because she has lost all of her stuff and she needs to get copies from everyone.
 
I tell Julia to tell her to call  when she gets all her stuff and then we'll make another appointment.  
Nothing like a 3 way, is there?Sometime later that day Ms. T/P calls and says she has to get her taxes done before Friday because she is going on a cruise. Julia calls to relay this message......I say.........Gosh, how am I going to do her taxes if she doesn't have her stuff....I hear Julia sigh and she says "I know that is what I told her"..........I can feel Julia shaking her head.....LAWDY! LAWDY!......my  head hurts.

OOOOOOMMMMMMMM.....................OOOOOOMMMMM

1. I'm thankful that Triple D didn't find any drugs.
2. I'm thankful that Mikey is sober today.
3. I'm thankful they are all taking naps or gone so I can finish this without any more bitching.
4.I'm thankful Ms. T/P couldn't find stuff, cause I really didn't want to work this week anyway.
5. I'm REALLY thankful for chocolate pie, snickers, and chocolate cherry ice cream.......all in that order...

next week I'll do better

8 comments:

  1. There's only so much a parent can do, Martyr Mom, and you've surely done all of it. I'm glad you can appreciate the positives - the chocolate cherry ice cream sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said being thankful has to be big, dramatic things. You found thankfulness despite all the boo-boos.

    Sometimes, I lay on the bed and think, I have a bed,mmmm, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have more than your hands full with your kids. But at least you're hangin' in there and not giving up. Even as I write this, I'm enjoying a small bowl of Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream. They only come out with it once a year. And damn, it's tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy does our taxes. My job is to track all the expenses, tabulate them in a database, produce and print reports and track the receipts... and remind her that it's getting closer and closer to April 15th and she needs to do this before the hard drive fails. I have the harder job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing pretty good this week having to contend with all this stuff. So next week should be dynamite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh Gorilla, GG, and Kelly.....I am a positive person and if I weren't, I'd have already committed suicide or murder one....JK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robert: you do have the harder job. I love it when my clients come in as prepared as you seem to be

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jerry....things can always be worse...always thankful for the downs so I can REALLY appreciate the ups!

    ReplyDelete