William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Sunday, September 26, 2010

Trip to Inner Peace

I went to Washington DC last week. I spent most of my time in Old Town Alexandria. It has a quaint little down town area. I suppose it is tourist-y but still a great place for walking around and checking out the sights. A lot of unique shopping there too. I visited all sorts of historic sites but the only place that stands out for me was Sacred Circle.

I went to this place called  Sacred Circle http://www.sacredcirclebooks.com/ . As they advertise "we have everything from astrology to zen." I saw this place while I was eating lunch and thought, I need to check this place out.

I've always been fascinated by the metaphysical. I find all sorts of things that interest me in this store but I only have a certain amount of money that I am willing to spend (which isn't much ha ha). I find books on dreams, crystals, incense, and something called a Shaman Smudge. I take a look at the back of the smudge packet and it gives me an list of the herbs that are tied together. They include White sage, Yerba Santa and Mountain sage.

Smudging is a practice used by the Native Americans to remove negative energies and replace them with healing and positive energies. I decide to buy this package as it only costs $6.50. Triple D is coming home on Sunday and I want the house to be as pure and as positive as possible. I think this is a good start.

While there, I saw that the psychic was in. It's pretty pricey ($65/half hour). I decide I have to ask  for a reading.  My justification on spending the money .... I must have been brought here for a reason. All things lined up to make this trip possible and then here was this store and this psychic ready and available..........

He was a soul reader. I had never heard of this before but I had a good feeling about this tattooed, pierced guy wearing a scarf draped around his neck. He told me he was going to read my soul and asked me to put my hands on his. He closed his eyes and swayed a bit back and forth. My first thought was he was feeling my inner pain.

When he opened his eyes he had this sweet smile on his face and he said "you're a healer". That made me laugh and I told him so far I'd not been able to make anyone better. He didn't read my future or tell me what would happen when Triple D got home but he told me that if I filled my heart with love and serenity that it would flow over and everyone would benefit from it. He told me that I shouldn't worry about Baby. He said she was an old soul and that she would find her way.

I left there with my smudging tools, a package of  incense and a lightened heart.

When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky. Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment