William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Monday, October 25, 2010

My World


 I follow Miss Footloose she is an ExPat and travels EVERYWHERE!! I just love her stories and pictures of all the places she's been. Her latest  post about Ecuador asked :

"Where would you like to live if you had a choice? What’s your paradise? What sort of lifestyle appeals to you?"

 I want to travel so badly........

I've done some traveling in the US of A, a couple of places in Canada, Germany, and a few Islands from a cruise ship. Although I'm glad that I've been able to do that, I want more....lots more.

I'm happy to live where I'm at right now and have no desire to have a home anywhere else except maybe a small cabin in the Smokies of Tennessee. I can see myself as a Snowbird. I really want to be a snowbird. Go to the mountains in the summer then come back to Florida in the late fall.

So here are the places I've been:

San Francisco/San Jose/ Los Gatos CA (lived there for almost 2 years)
Seattle WA
Canada (Victoria/Vancouver)
Germany
NC (all over...raised there)
Chesapeake/Norfolk/ Va. Beach.. VA(born and visited the grands in summer)
Gatlinburg Tenn (vacation)
Snowshoe WV (skiing)
Hazard KY (run away at 15.......why I went there is a long story)
Washington DC
Atlanta Ga (Olympics 1996)
St. Thomas/St Martin/St Kitt (cruise)

The places I want to go......

Assisi Italy (I hear it's a bit touristy but I use to do needlework and that was one of the techniques I really liked. The front looks just like the back. For anyone who has ever done needlework, you know how hard this is.......

 I don't want to go there for a day. I want to stay for a few weeks...really learn the culture and history of the place.






Barcelona Spain....I want to hear an authentic Flamenco Show.
I want to take a cooking class to taste the tastes of Spain. 
I want to go to the  top of the Tibidabo church and see the city.






I want to take bellydance classes in Istanbul Turkey.
I'll take the royal blue one Please! I also need to lose about 40lbs.

The programme includes-6 nights accomodation at hotel Kafkas in a double room
including open buffet breakfast
-Professional english speaking guiding all week
-Topkapi palace,Grand bazaar,Spice market tours
-2 nights dinner out with bellydancing show and live gypsy
musician restaurants
-All airport transfers
-Entrance fee for Topkapi palace(except harem)
-All meals mentioned in the itinerary
(B :breakfast,L :lunch ,D : dinner)

-6 hours bellydance classes with  Kumsal

Although I have a great many other places I'd like to visit, my list at this time would not be complete without :

The Red light District in Amsterdam



smoke a little weed and visit the Sexmuseum






    for the history...........of course!


5 comments:

  1. Time to introduce you to another blogger, an English woman living in Istanbul. Maybe she'll write a post about belly dancing if you ask her. You could give her some advice about men in return (see her last post but one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she's fine Gorilla....thanks for showing me the way to Istanbul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the introduction Gorilla, and I should say at this point that any advice on men is always welcome!

    For MartyrMom, I think you have a good list of places there! However, I would strongly recommend that you see the Andalusia region of Spain if you want take in authentic flamenco. I was fortunate enough to live briefly in Seville and the cosy little flamenco bars were amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to go to Amsterdam, too, for the same reason. :) I don't think I wanna go to Spain. The more strange contests and festivals I read about that they have there, the more I'm convinced they are insane. Another really cool place to go, in the U.S is the Red River Gorge in Kentucky.

    That place is beautiful. Don't know if you've ever been there and walked across the natural rock bridges or done any hiking there but it is even more peaceful (and cool) than the Great Smokey Mountains in TN. The lack of tourists mucking up the Gorge is always a plus, too when you compare it to the Smokey Mountains. I've been at both places dozens of times.

    Italy would be a great country to visit, too. The photos I've seen of it are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a sex museum... and I am not one of the exhibits??!!1

    ReplyDelete