William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Friday, October 15, 2010

Miraculous Births


At 7pm, 21 years ago, an interesting and wondrous thing occurred. My son, Bob, the unknown muscian., was born. He completed the birth of 3 children all born on the same day, in the same family, within 7 hours of each other.

The story begins something like this:

I had been trying to get pregnant since April of 1988 since I did NOT want another child to be born in the heat of our summer which lasts from May-October. I had already had 2 kids born in mid-September and there was no way I wanted to go through that again.....anyway....It must have been age creeping up on me cause I sure as hell didn't have a problem getting pregro before.......

My sister had miscarried and she was told not to get pregnant for at least 6 months. I knew she was going to try as soon as possible because she had gotten married specifically to pro-create (she's the goodie two shoes in the family). She had miscarried in late November so she was going to have to wait until May before she could start trying.

Meanwhile, my brother (the baby) was getting ready to turn 21 the end of  December and was spending all his spare time partying and  doing what all 20 year old guys do........drinking, chasing women, doing the dirty deed when he got a chance.....oh wait...all guys do that no matter the age.....right??

The brother got to have his party at my parent's house with no supervision. Party like there is no tomorrow and guess what?? Along came a little girl, just 17 (I think), and my Bro did the dirty deed.....probably more than once that night. He had recently been discharged from the Navy and they had told him he was sterile (that was his story anyway)???? WHAT???NOT.!!!!.....first phone call in.....

OH MY GAWD!!! My Baby Brother is gonna be a D-A-D-D-Y and he's not married!!! My mom is all worried about what the church ladies are gonna think and is fearfully telling Bro that it probably ISN'T his baby......fornicator ............Little Girl finds out she is due the end of September. He did make an honest woman out of her and there would be no denying who the daddy is.....

We were contemplating rather we should stop trying or continue............A few weeks later I'm feeling bad cause I've just found out I'm prego and I know my sister is gonna be so sad. She really is feeling bad and kind of pissed that our Bother went and got a girl knocked-up pregnant outside of marriage. The Fornicator....... I'm pregnant and due mid- October.

Next thing you know.....Sis has not taken the Doc's advise and she is now pregnant too.....due end of October.
Sis, Me, Sis-in-law July 1989


We all went along for 9 months all getting bigger and bigger....as pregnant women tend to do.

Both my sis and sis-in-law were going to the same doctor, lived in the same town and had my parents there with them. They chose ultra sounds, doctor visits, and hospital stays.



I lived here in Florida and chose to fore go the ultra sound, doctor, and hospital. I had a mid wife and I would be delivering at the birthing center over looking the river (those were real popular in the 80's and I had had my daughter there).

They found out the sex of their kids........I wanted to be surprised......

The end of September came and went for my Sis-in-law and the Doc decided to induce labor if she had not had the baby by mid October. My Sis and I were still being told our due dates were the same....mine, Mid October...hers the end of October.

The 14th of October rolls around and the Doc tells Sis-in-law it's time and she is more than ready to get the show on the road. She goes into the hospital that night. The plans are to start labor on the 15th in the AM.

My Sis is at a wedding and she starts to feel cramps. She tells hubby that they should go check it out. The Doc says she is in labor but not really dilating but he wants her to stay for a while. She starts into hard labor and they give her Demerol which brings her labor to a screeching halt and she sleeps through the night.

At 5am October 15th I wake with that nagging feeling.......I wait until 8am before I go over to the birthing center to bother anyone.

My Sis wakes up in labor just as the Doc is deciding to put my Sis-in-law on a  Pitocin drip (this drug starts labor). I suppose it is around 9am when I call to find out how everyone is and to tell them that I'm in labor too.

My mom is overly excited and doesn't know which room to go to. My Sis has her hubby and my Sis-in-law has my brother....my mom doesn't know who needs or wants her more........My Sis-in-law wins since she is so young and scared and in pain from the drip.


My mom gets a call from the Doc saying Sis is almost ready to deliver and my mom runs to that area of delivery. My Sis delivers a baby girl at 12 noon , or there abouts......7lbs6oz

July 1990
My Sis-in-law continues to stuggle and they think they may have to do a C-section. Finally their baby boy is born at around 6 pm......7lbs6oz

I'm hugging the wall and cussing who ever happens to be near me when I hear that my Sis-in-law has given birth.....I really could care less at this point.

My baby boy was born at 7pm......8lbs10oz......


Mom listed all the births in her local paper. She was somewhat of a celebrity after that......
Everyone thought SHE was special.........

Here are all the children in todays time

My Sis's daughter will graduate from NCSU with a degree in Agriculture in December. I'm not sure what her plans are but I know she loves animals. She has her last 4H show at the State Fair this weekend.








My brother's boy is in the United States Air Force, Somewhere USA. He works in Security.
I hope the war gets over soon. We all hope he doesn't  get sent into the war.











My son Bob is a student at FSU majoring in Music Composition. He plays the classical guitar, piano, and sax. He doesn't want to preform and he doesn't want to teach...........


  Hopefully, he won't become a career student. 




                           By the way.....I was born on my mom's Birthday. It must run in the family! 
Remembering birthdays in our family is easy!!

7 comments:

  1. That is truly amazing, Martyr Mom. The odds of three sibling having three children born on the same day must be tiny. Did you tell the newspapers? I'm sure they would have loved a story like that.

    If your son doesn't want to teach or perform, he must want to compose, which is great! He's an impressively hairy guy who would fit in very nicely with my tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he is Impressively hairy....I think his Italian side is showing but I think they DID descend from apes! My mom put it in the papers.....she got phone calls for days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All three of you had babies in one night. That's wild. What are the chances? Seriously... that would be cool to know. Even better to hear and actually see that all of them grew up healthy and doing okay.

    If Bob can play classical guitar, piano, and sax, he must be really talented. I'm sure he won't be a 'career student'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a miracle, no wonder your mum felt special!

    You have a lovely niece and nephew. And when Bob is done at university, he will be composing for shows, movies, you wait 'n' see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's my last hope GG and Kelly... Hopefully he'll be able to support us in our old age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Stranger than fiction. Love the picture of the three pregnant ladies on the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife and I came together each bringing two kids from earlier marriages. Now with grand kids thrown in the mix, let's just say the entire month of September is "Birthday Month".

    ReplyDelete