William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Monday, November 29, 2010

My Never Ending Story

The Engineer is out of town, once again. He was gone for 2 weeks and home for the Thanksgiving Holidays.

When he comes home, he can't figure out why no one is relying on him to take care of things.

The household runs with or without him. It is a finely tuned ship.

The laundry gets done. The trash gets down to the road. The dishes get in the dishwasher. The house gets locked up at night. Pick up and drop offs are all arranged before hand. Times are coordinated with synchronized watches.

This weeks calendar in short form:

-School for the Grand girls starting at 7:30 a.m. each morning and finishing up at 5 p.m in the evening.
-The older grand girls sit down to do homework at 8:00 p.m. sharp.
-Tennis for me Monday morning at 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.
-Doctors at 9 a.m. for Princess in Training on Tuesday
-Tennis for me at 7 p.m.
-Wednesday Doctor of Triple D at 9 a.m. and Lemon Lady at 3 p.m.
-Work for me on Wednesday somewhere in between doctors' appointments.
-Probation for Triple D on Wednesday in the afternoon.
-Thursday Tennis for me at 8 a.m.
-Friday meal planning then shopping for it all. Bills are paid this day too.
-Saturday is the fun day.......house keeping has been put off for more days than not. Laundry, cleaning, yard work (if The Engineer is home...I don't do yard work)
-Sunday is Tennis for the Engineer and I at 9 a.m.
-Football is watched with great gusto!

Somewhere in between all these activities, I find the time to delegate chores for a nominal fee (allowance),cook, love, and get on the computer to whine about it all. Secretly my life is full! I HATE empty nests.

This is my purpose in life. I am happiest when my plate is OVER full. I leave no scraps.

Am I bragging that I can do this all again? Maybe just a bit...

Am I wanting someone to look at me and say WOW!! Probably......

Isn't this what being co-dependent is all about?? ME???


I may not be the best at raising kids but I'm getting my fair share of chances to get it right!


4 comments:

  1. Exhausting! The Beatles might have written this one for you, Martyrmom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I got a sugar daddy to pay the bills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We retired a few short years ago, I am amazed at how busy we are. When did we find the time to accomplish all the things we did when we both worked full time?

    I advise my friends who have yet to retire not do do so unless they can commit the time and energy required!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of men would envy the Engineer. He comes home and no-one's "pestering" him to do get things done, haha.

    ReplyDelete