William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lucy and the LOL Award............


 So Kelly sends me this message that he has given me an award. I go check out his site and sure enough, there I am!! Winner of the LOL Award!! He then goes on to say that I have to post 5 of my own to receive this award and to read the ones he has posted as winners.

I did and this is how it went............

Went to visit  Gotta Be P.C. A Little Easter Cheer just about killed me with laughter. I'm begging him to post more!

Went back to Kelly's site and looked up It's a Lollipop she  had already posted her award. I'm pretty sure she didn't do like Kelly said  unless she is a fast reader or something??( I guess not everyone has the same problems I do?) She had her list already up and of course I had to check out a few of them.

My first stop was Yeah Good Times and then
Not Worth Mentioning  He must be famous or something since he has so many followers? But you gotta read his Sheep story. If I were that creative.........AWWW Lawdy!! I'd be famous too!!

Copyboy from Not Worth Mentioning had not posted his award but that didn't stop me from taking a look at the blogs he follows. Since he was so funny I figured he'd probably follow a few that were funny too. There were several worth reading but before I forget and get lost again I need to say my thanks and get on with the show.................

Days later......................




The Award to Laugh Out Loud
Oh Kelly! I am so proud!!
An Award that shows I give someone pleasure,                         
And I didn't even have to take my clothes off!!

Hey!! No one ever said I was a poet!
Thanks Kelly (he actually makes me LOL and I wish I could give the award back to him but I don't think that's allowed)

As the rule goes I have to pass this on to 5 who make me LOL. They should do the same. I know it sounds like a chain letter. Right?...blech....... but I did this so that others might enjoy the pleasure that I've gotten out of reading their blogs! Do with it what you will!

and the winners are............

1. Missed Periods  she teaches grammar to the kids at school and to me too. She turns grammar into something that makes me LOL and Oooo and Ahhh  all at the same time. (Can someone tell me why they put old farts in to teach English??? I'm saving that for another post.) I wish she had been my teacher. I wouldn't have to use............when I didn't know what else to put. PS she IS NOT an old fart by any means!

2.Guyana Gyal  she is so blessed with wit! I love the way she tells a story and you can  hear her voice speak in her writing. The reason she gets this prestigious LOL Award is because she likes to tease  with her words. Check it out.

3. Fish Finger Butty I don't know why the name but she is a pretty funny gal. A psych nurse has got to have a bit of humor to make it through the day! Maybe this LOL Award will be put on her list of Acknowledgments when she finishes that comedy for BBC!

4. Robert the Skeptic makes me LOL every time I read a post. He takes something that is serious and can turn it into a hilarious story.

5. J for is Guilt Squared She says she is Brit-ish  because she has traveled so much. She now writes from Istanbul. I haven't read many of her posts yet but each time I do I find something that makes me LOL. Now I've got to go find out who E is???



8 comments:

  1. Aw... shucks, Martyrmom - aside from earning a 25 metre swimming badge, this is the proudest honour I have ever achieved - heartfelt thanks! (And in yer face, doubting naysayers that said I would never amount to anything...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Martyrmom.. I usually try to mix it up with something light between hard-hitting socio-scientific-political loosely substantiated commentary as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to correct you, Martyrmon, but her name is "Fish Finger Butty" not "Fish Finger Butt"! If you want to know what "butty" means, you'll have to ask someone who's lived in the north of England. Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks MartyrMom - great site you have and great taste in other sites might I add! Thank you for the mention. And erm... like GB says, it's definitely 'butty'. Fish finger butt has a whole different meaning (with a nod in the direction of Amsterdam's red light district). The butty version is a guilty pleasure we Northerners enjoy with dollops of tomato ketchup. Naughty but nice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, shucks... Thanks for the compliments and you're welcome on the award. You're like me when it comes to rules of this sort. I do pretty much as I please, too. At first, when I first started blogging 3 years ago, I saw all these awards floating around and the rules that went with 'em and thought... Is this like some fuckin' chain letter? But really, nowadays, I just see them as a great way to show appreciation to whoever, introduce bloggers to each and bringing the blogging community together like one big friggin' happy-as-hell family.

    Looks like ya made some great choices here- with some dandy descriptions- no less.

    I'll be checking out your award recipients here, shortly. I'm always looking for new blood to shock the shit out of or make laugh or both. Goddamn if I'm not rambling again.

    That's it. I'm outta here!

    Luv & Squirts,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. my bad FFB...sorry 'bout that :/

    GB: all I gotta do is google it ;)

    Looking at recipes now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And sometimes I'm grumpy!

    Thanks for seeing the funny side of me, I love it.

    I'll be posting soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! Thank you so much. I am honored.

    ReplyDelete