William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Triple D Adventure

Monday January 10
The snot nosed, punk cop with the bug-eyed glasses falls in love with the brown eyed sweet talking drug addict.


He talked to her first. She told her tale of woe. She said all she wanted to do was use the car to go pawn her culinary knife set. She spoke of the mother who accused her of drug use daily; of how her life was a piece of shit because her mother was always on her case. She swore she had no drugs and told him she thought that her mother had lost her mind. She even offered for the cop to look into her purse for the imaginary drugs her mother thought she had. I saw from a distance how he leaned towards her and looked in her purse and knew she had him "hooked" on her charms. Her demeanor was so calm; reserved; quiet spoken.

I yelled something to the effect "Tell him what you did," and he asked me if I needed assistance with a stern voice. I said no and he instantly walked over to me. In his bug glasses I could see my reflection. It was a face of a distraught woman, one who had been threatened; one who had been stolen from; one who was at her wits end trying to figure out how to get out of this hell. He asked me what the problem was. I began my tale of woe.

I told him she was using drugs and had been in and out of  rehab for a year now. He said, "sorry ma'am I didn't find any drugs on her." I told him she stole my credit card and had just come back from probation saying she had used. He said the probation officer had not violated her and I told him I already knew  because I had called him too. I told him she was trying to take the car. He said she could (even though her name is NO where on the title) because she has had use of the car in the past. I told him I wanted her out of the house. He told me file an eviction notice. I told him she had a small child. He said call the Department of Children and Families. I told him she threatened to hit me. He said she didn't. I said.........am I suppose to wait until she actually hits me or does some harm before you'll do anything?

This is when he turns ugly. He leaned towards me too but I can see the furrow above his bug eyes. He says "DON'T. YOU. BE. LITTLE. ME." I look at him like he's insane and all I can say is "huh?" He tears into to me then and tells me how he saw that I was rolling my eyes at him when he was talking to Triple D and how I looked at him with disdain each time he told me what the law said. I told him he was wrong and if I did roll my eyes it was out of frustration. I told him I would never belittle anyone (especially a cop, I'm not crazy...for real). That's when he said I should be more aware of how I look at people. I start to cry. (I REALLY hate when that happens).

He walks away from me without saying another word. He stops to talk to Triple D before he leaves. I suppose he told her not to take the car because she goes in the house.

Later, when dinner is almost ready, I hear a light pounding in her room. We sit down to dinner. When she comes to the table, I realize the pounding was probably her crushing a pill since she is glassy-eyed and smiling.

Tuesday January 11

I talk to Baby's dad and tell him he has to keep Baby until I get Triple D out of the house. The situation is too volatile and I really don't think any child should have to see what is going on.

It appears that she has called a detox center and is waiting for a bed so pretty much I wait too.

As the day progresses, she gets up and wonders around. I hear her calling people trying to find money. I go on the net to see if I can find the judge that has her case. I am thinking that if I call and plead, he may expedite a violation. I can't find it anywhere.

Evening is nearing and Triple D asks if I'm going to buy her cigarettes. I ask if she is kidding me. She says no and I tell her she has to earn a pack. I'm not buying a carton........no way Jose`.

She jerks the phone away from me and says she understands why The Criminal  destroyed the house. Of course that was my fault too because I'm such a "cunt bitch."

I hear her screaming at, I'm guessing , her dad. Probably asking him to buy her cigarettes. The Engineer buys NO cigarettes, anytime, anywhere. She throws the phone at me and storms into her room, slamming the door.

I hear a loud crash and grab the phone, fingers ready for 911. I yell Triple D's name and I continue to hear crashing sounds. I dial the number. 

She comes out of her room. I step back and she shoots me the bird as she walks out the front door.

I'm talking to dispatch and she is trying to get into the car. The Engineer  disabled the car the night before. I tell dispatch, "Oooo this is really gonna piss her off, I hope someone is gonna be here soon." She comes back into the house and trashes a few more things in her room. She tells me I'm next. She fake charges at me and I jump back. She laughs and leaves again. The whole while I'm on the phone with dispatch.

We live on a dead end surrounded by water so there is only one way off our street. I watch her go around the corner and am assured that the police are just on the next street and will probably pick her up and talk to her first.

The Engineer's car is the first car that comes down the road after this. Guess who's in the car? Yeap....Triple D. She gets out of the car and calls me a few names and leaves again. The Engineer looks clueless so I fill him in on what has happened.

Finally the cops get here. We go through the whole song and dance all over again but he is much nicer and can figure out all my eye rolling and sighing is from frustration.

I ask him if dogs can sniff out Oxy? He tells me "yes" and he has his dog in the car. I ask him to search her room and he says he can't do that. I say it's my house and he says it's her room. DAMN?!?! Nothing about this makes any sense what so ever. I tell the cop Triple D has told me she has a place to go until detox calls. (We've been through this before too. How can detox call her? she has no phone?? yeah right) I ask if this means we don't have to let her back into the house. He says "no" we have to let her in if she comes back. Ahhh, well, hell...........FML......

Wednesday January, 12

As I write this story, I'm hoping I don't see Triple D today at all. She usually will stay gone for a few days and come home all beat up from partying. I don't have any reason to believe that it will be different this time.

I found the name to the judge. I'm calling him this A.M. I'm headed to the court house at 9 to see about a Marchman Act being done. The cops are useless without an order. I don't know if it is the state of Florida or if the cops don't want to waste their time. Who knows.......I'm about to find out.






7 comments:

  1. Addiction is a horrible thing that ruins lives. I hope your daughter finds the bottom she seems to be so desperately seeking so she can then begin a sober climb back to life. I wish you emotional detachment is this tough situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every bad / sad / horrific experience has to end one day. It will, it will.

    As Monkey Man says, I hope she finds the bottom she needs so she can climb back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing I can say or add which would be of any comfort. Your grief must be heavy. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the Marchman Act, Martyrmom, it sounds like the best option to deal with her self-destructive behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with this difficult situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cop sounds like a real prick with a power mad obsession thing going on in his little head. He sounds like the kind of bully cops we have around here. I feel for your situation with your daughter. She sounds completely out of control. I couldn't have her in my place. Maybe you've explained this in another post, but why is it again that you can't tell her to leave or keep her out of your house? You've done everything possible to help her and none of it has done any good. And she's a clear threat to everyone.

    I wish you luck and peace, too, but I don't see it with her in the house.

    ReplyDelete