William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cotton Fever

I swear to God, if I learn anymore about drug use....I might as well use.......

Ever heard of cotton fever?


Triple D has been at it again. This time it's shooting up. I've read shooting up Oxy, is like shooting up heroin. I found out about this right before Christmas. I start writing up contracts, taking away cell phones, hiding car keys, snooping at e-mail (which I have heard could possibly lead to prison), calling drug dealers and leaving warnings of possible arrest for them, and just plain acting like a chicken with my head cut off.

After trying to get her to leave and not having any proof that she had drugs, I'm told that I must present an eviction notice to get her off my property.

Her second counselor has quit and suggested she attend an out patient program instead Club Rehab. Time and time again, I've been told she needs to grow up. And time and time again, I tell myself  "yes, she does." I say it so often, I think, I'm beginning to believe it??

So we set up the appointment to go to BOAT. I hope no one I ever know needs these services but if you do... I'm the gal to ask! She takes off the night before, after promising she is ready to quit again. She returns home right after her scheduled appointment.......imagine that?

I tell her if she is not serious about quitting she will be leaving a lot sooner than the contracted time because I'm ready to make her life miserable. She is without a way to contact her dealers, but somehow they know what and when she needs to get a "fix."

She goes to the initial meeting at BOAT and is asked to come back the next night for a group meeting. She's been told that she is to have no unsupervised contact with Alexa and if I want I can call the Department of Children and Families. They are already involved because of the older grand girls.......so ........

Before the group meeting Triple D has started to act suspicious. We are in the car. I tell her I KNOW she is shooting up and if she can't get rid of her needles then I'm going to assume she is not serious about this and I'll call the cops and let them search the house. She says she doesn't have any paraphernalia  but as it turns out...after a few minutes, she takes her needle out from hiding and throws it out the car window. I keep driving but my sense of ??? I don't know why I turned around . I didn't want dirty needles laying around my neighborhood for some kid to find? I didn't want her going back and picking it up? I wanted to dispose of it properly??? I don't know but I did go back and get the needle and I cut it up and put it in my needle bin. (I have to take a shot, that's why I have a needle bin). She runs to her bed room crying.

A bit later I'm trying to get dinner ready, cause LL is coming back from her 2 week trip to LA, and I hear Triple D calling me in a frantic voice. I walk into her room and she is shaking so much I think she is about to have a seizure. I ask her if she's got something bad and should I call 911. She says she didn't take anything. I tell her I know she is not going through withdrawals that quickly, so I walk out of the room.

I hear her calling me again and I walk in and she is shaking and sweating and can hardly talk. I tell her I'm going to call 911 but she tells me she has done a cotton wash and she thinks she has cotton fever. Now, I'm thinking, I'll just run to the computer and look it up. I look up cotton wash and am unable to find anything on that. I walk back into the room and she says she is going to throw up but she can't get out of bed. I tell her I don't know what she has done but if the shaking doesn't stop, I'm calling the ambulance. (this is all taking place in the time it is taking you to read it....)

Here let me find a FUCKING vein for you!
She starts to scream at me that she has cotton fever and it's about a bacteria that cotton has in it and it gets into your body when you shoot up. So...........I go to the computer and look up cotton fever. It's not very serious but evidently it is common amongst those who shoot up. After reading the out come of what will happen. I feel like walking in her room and saying GOOD! GOOD! YOU IDIOT!!! I HOPE YOU STAY SICK FOR THE WHOLE 24 HOURS!! I restrained myself.

This is what happened in a nut shell. When you shoot up Oxy/Roxy or anything else, I guess, you have to filter the liquid through the cotton ball to get whatever "stuff" is in it , out. She thought she could take water and shoot it through the used cotton ball and possibly get a bit of the drug left and get a small high. Approximately 30 minutes after she shot up, the effects of cotton fever came on. Evidently there is some sort of bacteria that is in cotton that can cause the symptoms she had.

She has been clean now a week. I can only hope it continues.

5 comments:

  1. I can just imagine how frustrated you must be feeling, and how angry. I wish someone would come up with some sort of medicine to stop addiction in its tracks.

    Maybe if she gets cotton fever a couple more times, it might scare her into stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you handle this on a daily basis. My sister-in-law has two children with mental illnesses; they are constantly falling in with the court system which does not know how do deal with the mentally ill and continues to expect them to behave "responsibly" !!! In their case, their medications are the only thing that mitigates their swings of craziness.

    My wife and I continually are thankful that our kids are healthy, sane and successful. You are a good mother indeed to loving your kids to go so far as you have to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have your hands full with her. I can't understand the insanity of someone shooting up, hurting themselves and knowing hurting those who love them and I truly feel for your unfortunate position of trying to make her safe.

    My sister and I are having trouble trying to get Dad to want to be safe and he won't have any of it. He's a stubborn, verbally abusive bastard that will not listen to reason. So we're going through freakin' hell with him right now.

    Your problem with her makes me cringe because I can relate, although in a somewhat different situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you strength to cope! And as for the little madam...I actually wish her some strength too to get her brain sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys.

    GG, she needs a good swift kick in the buttocks!

    Hi Robert! the prisons are full of mentally ill people. Medication is not always the solution or if it is....you have to find the right combination.

    Yeah Kelly, I told you I had a "good" Christmas!

    Hey Blondie! I know she has the inner strength to do what she needs to do....it's all about convincing her of that. Thank You

    ReplyDelete