William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Saga Continues

No matter how bad things are, I still love Triple D. That's the strange thing about having a kid. You want to hate them but you just can't. Your heart breaks and you cry until you're dry but no matter how hard you try....you just can't hate them. Yes Robert, my grief is so heavy I feel I can hardly breath sometimes.

I tried to hate the Criminal. I spent many years kicking myself....questioning ..........I know it's not my fault my children have fallen into bad behaviors. I raised them to be better than this. We aren't "white trash." We don't live in "crime town." We are not in the low socioeconomic group. I'm not, nor is the Engineer.....an abusive parent, a drunk, a drug addict, or mentally ill. (well not that we know of anyway! sigh......my try at humor!) 
sorry Missed Periods...how in the hell do you punctuate a sentence like that??....and thanks for your support too! 

Why all this has happened I can't say.
 
In my previous post I mentioned that the police were unwilling to help and I'd find out if they were just lazy or what. In the state of Florida you have to evict a person from your home. If you tell that person to leave and they have lived in your home for a period of time (like a kid or a friend),  you have to evict them. The police can't search their room because everyone, even our grown children, are given a right to privacy. So Kelly, even though it's not as drawn out as a real tenant, you have to go through legal proceedings. Yeah the state of Florida has some strange laws. The cops aren't lazy.

So here we go with what went on......

Wednesday, January 12th, continued 

When I first get to the court house, I check out the law library and get an eviction notice to put on Triple D's door.
 I spent the better part of today in the court house getting the Marchman Act set up. I also request a restraining order in case the Marchman Act doesn't go through. As it goes, you have to have documentation stating your case. After I finished my blog , I spent a few hours writing a 2 pages summary of what has happened in the past year. 

I'm relieved that I have done something to help Triple D but distressed that the restraining order, if approved, may get her in jail. I'm confused over what I want to happen.

I want her to go back to detox. I don't want her to come home. I'm willing to set her up in a half way house for a month but she has to be clean in order to go there. I don't want her in jail........cause I hate that thought.

As it turns out, I may not have any choice. What happens next is just crazy......

A police officer who is the investigating officer on a robbery that Triple D "witnessed" on Sunday night wants to stop by and ask her a few question. I tell Detective Smith that she is not here. She starts asking me about the car that Triple D drives...."do you drive the car too or is it just her?"......"how often do you drive it?"......"would you say you and Triple D share the car?".... 

Triple D wrecked the car on Sunday night too but the story I got from that was she hit a parked car.  My first thought is SHIT....she was the get away person........NOOOOOOOOO


The cops come over for a third time in a row. Det. Smith is very pleasant and when I ask her questions about the car she just says she wants to look inside of it. She has to determine that I use the car too, otherwise, she has to get Triple D's permission to search it. 


We sit and talk for a while and as it is turning out.......Triple D may have helped set up this robbery. There was a girl who had her purse stolen from her home buy a guy who had a gun...........not looking good is it??


Anyway.......they search the car and take a few things. In the process of looking they find a spoon under the carpet in the trunk that clearly indicates Triple D's drug use. They can't use that against her because ... I could have put it in the car?!?! Ok well......um............whatever....... 


They tell me they have caught one person and they are looking for another one. I take that to mean that there are 2 robbers. 


After the cops leave, I call Triple D's boyfriend, Mighty Man-Man. He asks if Triple D would do such a thing.......sigh........


Drug addicts are like vampires......vultures.......they steal from those who "have" so they can get their supply replenished. When I ask the cops if drugs are involved the answer is "YES." The girl who was robbed was someone with a supply.....she also had a bit of money. I've known that this stuff happens amongst the drug crowd but they never call the cops. They just chalk it up to stupidity of not knowing who they are dealing with.......so this gal didn't care. Can you imagine?? "HELP!! I've been robbed!!! Someone just held a gun to my head and stole my purse and all my pills!!!" um........yeah..........whatever...... not that it makes it right but in my opinion they all get what they deserve.  This is why I had no problem allowing the cop to search the car.


Thursday, January 13th  

I wait for the most part of today for the judge to make his ruling. Finally the Marchman Act is approved as well as the restraining order. 

The Detective last night told me when Triple D came home she would question her and then set the Marchman Act in motion.

I go down to the court house to pick up the papers and just as I pull into the parking lot Triple D calls me from a pay phone. I tell her that she needs to call the Detective. I hang up and call the cop with the pay phone number that my phone showed. 

I find out that the person in custody is her "friend" who was also a "witness." She has been charged
with, home invasion with a deadly weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery...........geesh........... I'm a bit scared but if Triple D has had anything to do with this crime.....she needs to go to jail.

Friday, January 14th 

Mighty Man-Man calls first thing this morning and tells me he has talked to Triple D on facebook. He has told her she needs to come in and talk to the detective. 

Triple D calls me and I tell her her "friend" has been arrested. She is screaming at me that I've incriminated her. I tell her calmly that if she didn't have anything to do with the crime then she will be ok. She says she didn't .  I tell her that if she hadn't lied so much, I would  be able to believe her. I would  know that she didn't do anything.

I tell her that the cops think she is a part of it. I tell her that they've taken 'stuff' from the car that may prove that the robber was in her car. I tell her that if she knew this person was going to rob this girl that she will probably be in trouble too.  


Triple D tells me that she should probably have a lawyer. I tell her that she probably should. She asks who am I going to hire. I laugh.........she starts to cry and asks if that is why the Criminal is in jail. I laugh again and say the Criminal is in jail cause he committed a crime. I tell her to ask for a public defender. They have to have a lawyer present if she asks.

She says she will think about all this..............in the mean time Mighty Man-Man is calling and upset and wanting to go find her. 

Short story long? Mighty Man-Man finds her, brings her in, she gets arrested. 


Soooooooo
Gorilla Bananas 
I didn't need the Marchman Act after all.

GG and Monkey Man
Hopefully this IS the rock bottom. It can't get much lower.

Thanks Blondie for your wishes of strength.  I have a feeling. I'm gonna need it.

I hate that it's come to this but I guess it was bound to happen.


 

5 comments:

  1. Heavens above, Martyrmom, your kids have put you through agony. Your kind of tough love is the best kind. I hope it gets your daughter off drugs and that one day she'll thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, some time in jail will get her mind going in the right direction. Or start to, anyway. You've done everything could do for her. I can understand that since you're her mom, you always want to do more but maybe this is for the best. I don't know. Btw, that's a lot of steps to take to get somebody out of your house. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife's aunt, her daughter, has gone through a similar experience. Unfortunately the uncle, her father, is a big wig civil lawyer in the state and able to pull a lot of "strings". All of which has only mitigated and prolonged (enabled) the daughter and may have served to delay help which could have turned her around. The daughter has been in and out of jail and detox multiple times. Her life will likely be short as her liver is totally shot from drug abuse. The end may even be merciful, in some twisted sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing the right things. There is a point when a parents control and influence simply cannot apply anymore and consequences for actions must be realized.

    That said -- I hope through all this that some intensive rehabilitation can take over. Some have a destructive personality and cannot change -- I suspect this isn't true in your case. Take heart. You are doing right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you lots of strength to see this through, MartyrMom. And lots of people who love you, to hold your hands, to give you a shoulder to lean on, cry on, and people who can help you laugh when you need it most.

    I hope this is rock bottom and she will start making her way up now.

    ReplyDelete