William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Today's Pony Found

The Engineer is out of town yet again. We did have a very nice week in DC. Triple D is still home and doing well. She celebrated her birthday without any drama.

1. I'm thankful for my ability to make good homemade cookies and the sweet smell it gives the house. There were 14 dozen made this weekend. My neighbors daughter goes to school in the same area as Bob (the unknown musician). She came home this weekend and I sent her back with 6 dozen for her and her roomies and 4 dozen for Bob. He said they were delicious. I've done something right! Chocolate Chip Cookies, Reese's Chocolate Cookies and Soft Brickle Cookies! Yummy

2. Last week my partner played with someone else. At first I was upset that I was sitting out again this week. They played for 3 grueling hours (12:30-3:40). I'm glad that it was them and not me out there in the heat. They won in a 3rd set! pictures to come

3. I'm thankful for the TV show "My Name Is Earl". Season 1 episode 2 "Quit Smoking". That was the episode that convinced me to stop smoking. It will be 5 years the end of October. This is the picture where they had the patch stuck all over them. No matter all the black lung commercials or the pleading of my family to quit or the wheezing......It took Earl to show me the LIGHT!



  4. My injections are finally working. I'm almost pain free. That is a wonderful feeling! I have RA and have finally (fingers crossed) found the correct medication.

5. My smudging worked with getting out all the negative energies in the house. Some may say it's all in my mind but that's okay! I had to do it twice to get it right but now.... I feel at peace and less stressed.








All is right with the world!!!



5 comments:

  1. Your post is certainly full of positive energy, and it's lovely to feel good, for sure. As for smudging with sage, who says it doesn't work? Energy is everywhere, and many ancient traditions have learned to work with it.

    Living in so many countries and cultures in the world has taught me that just because our present-state science cannot explain something, it doesn't mean it is not true or real.

    Besides, sage, burning, smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Footloose.....i agree energies are everywhere you can feel them if you try. I also agree sage smells really good but baking cookies smell WAY better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I must write, every single day, for my world to feel almost perfect.

    But, in the meantime, I'll just enjoy smoochy Enrique's songs. Swoon.

    I wish I can see more Earl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids completely disagree with me but I LOVED "My Name is Earl". The first couple of seasons were really great, but then they kind of deviated from "the list" and it lost it's edge. Still, the concept was great and some of the lines in there were hilarious.

    So "smudging"... doesn't that set off your smoke alarms? That would dissipate any calming "energy" for me, pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey GG: I don't know how smoochy Enrique is but what ever floats your boat!

    Mr. Skeptic: I really haven't watched him consistently but when I see his shows they always make me laugh. As for the fire alarm?? I was assured that it wouldn't go off and it didn't ....the Gods must have been looking after me in that aspect since I can't stand loud noises either!

    ReplyDelete