William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Pony I Found This Tuesday 9/21/2010

I often wonder where Lucy' mind will take me. This is it for today:


I've started to bring gratification and thankfulness into my life. I'm usually a pretty positive person and typically know that life is good. I've taken up meditation in the short from.

I meditate for a short while before I press the number of my Daily Affirmations from 1-150  . This is mine for today.
I honor all paths, religions, and belief systems,
even if I do not subscribe to them myself.
I realize that as many people in the world there are,
that is the number of paths to God there are. 

I'm not much on religion but I do have my own sort of "higher power". It's funny how all of life falls into place.

After reading my affirmation again, I was just checking out a website I was interested in and  found this article along with a prayer.
I thought it was appropriate for the beginning of my weekly thankfulness.

This week:

1. Triple D is home. I am thankful she is alive and clean for today.

2.The temperature is 86F today with a pleasant ENE breeze. Is Autumn in the air? I really do LOVE the weather here but I will be truly grateful when the weather cools a bit more.

3. Even though the dining in Washington DC was not cheap, I was thrilled when The Engineer told me to go ahead and get those $30 Maryland style crab cakes! There is nothing better in this world than a Maryland style crab cake. Oh yes! I have dreams!!

4. Humor is the best medicine and I get a real kick out of puns.My favorite one for the moment is:
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and, with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him (this is so bad, it's good…..) a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

5.  Grateful for Sponge Bob Square Pants. It keeps Baby entertained while I write this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Your affirmation for today sounds like the way we live here, with so many religions mingling.

    As for Ghandi, I heard this funny line on tv, where an Englishman said, 'Ghandi wouldn't eat his dinnah, so we gave him India.'

    ReplyDelete