William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Pony I Found This Tuesday

 I've always wondered how someone could commit suicide.  How could they not be able to find at least one thing, no matter how minute, to make them happy enough to continue on with life.

I could never commit suicide no matter how depressed; no matter how disillusioned. There are just too many things to live for.

I'm usually the person who sees the cup as half full; the one who knows... there is a pony behind all the shit. I look for the good in people and usually find a reason for a person's bad behavior or ill attitude. I'm the person who refuses to throw away my cracked, but still intact, rose colored glasses. I find the silver lining in that dark cloud.............but every now and again........I find myself getting negative.....feeling sad........being just plain ol' pissed off at the world.

I've decided to deem Tuesdays my day to reflect on what I have to be thankful for. I think this will keep me in a positive mood for the remainder of the week and as the week winds down, it will give me something to think about before the next Tuesday.

I don't want this to become a long, boring, or drawn out post so I think 5 things a week are good.

Here goes:

1. Even though my husband travels a lot, I'm glad that he has a job in this crappy economy. (bonus pony... He also gets frequent flier miles which makes it possible for me to travel to DC for free this week!)

2. Even though I'm experiencing a bit of empty nest syndrome, my water bill is half what it was last month.
 (does that make life worth living or what?!?!?!)

3. Even though I've lost my last 2 tennis matches, I'm thankful that these ol' bones can still get out on the court and run (not everyone agrees with my definition of run) around.

4. Even though that asshole sad unfortunate soul cut me off in traffic this morning, I can thankfully wish the bird of paradise (it really is a bird, ya know?) shit on his head and not worry about the harmfulness of  my wishes.

5. Even though these past few weeks have been shitty, I'm really really glad I can afford ice cream! Any kind will do but my favorites are the kinds with cherries, chocolate, or both (eg. Cherry Garcia  by Ben & Jerry)

whew!! that was harder than I thought it would be

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm with you on the ice cream! My favorite is french vanilla with chocolate chips the size of peanut M&M's!
    And thanks for the nice comment on my blog...I agree, it's great to find honest people in the world - kinda brightens your day and your outlook on life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skype. I'm grateful for Skype. I was able to chat with both my brothers at the same time. And my niece, and 2 nephews. And one of my sisters-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fili...I'm always looking for ways to repair my rose colored glasses!

    GG...I wish i had Skype. It's always nice to keep up with family. I use facebook mostly to watch/lurk/spy on the family!!

    ReplyDelete