William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Friday, December 3, 2010

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Aren't After Me


"They" think they will make me crazy and I'll forget what really happened.





NO SIR-EEE...... I will not forget.

We've never locked our doors. The only time there has ever been a break in or things stolen was whenever "Clyde" lived here or in the area. When he came home in 2003 things happened again.
The neighbors had their car broken into and things were stolen. Our truck  gotten broken into and an old tennis racket and some home made CDs were stolen. Clyde wasn't even at home the night it happened but my first thought was "he's keeping his hand in it." (we never found the robber)

So ........

Strange things are happening again. Triple D has been good (I think?). I've got the older grand girls  and they are good (I think?). Of course, there is the Engineer (he's gone a lot?) and Baby (she's too young?). Oh yeah, and me (I didn't do it? Did I?)

Case of the Missing Credit Card



This morning I get to the check out at the grocery and go to use the card and it's missing. I gave it to Triple D to put gas in her car on Sunday night. It was returned promptly and I checked my account on-line to make sure there was only one charge.  I call Triple D and ask her if she still has it. She says she thought she gave it back to me. I tell her it's not in my wallet and she says she doesn't know. I head home. In my mind, I retrace my steps trying to remember what happened. I remember I gave the card to Triple D to put gas in her car on Sunday night. She sent a text to me and told me she put it on the counter. Sometime after 12:30 a.m. Monday, I get up and check the counter. It is there.  I take the card and for what ever reason put it into an envelope that the Engineer has left on the counter. Monday morning around 7:30 a.m. I take the card out of the envelope and insert $20, then seal the envelope. I put the envelope and , I thought, my card in my purse. Something isn't right??

I get home and check the on-line account and it still says the same thing. No pending charges, No new charges. I ask Triple D again. She says she gave it to me. I tell her again I don't have it. She says it might be in her car. I say where?" Then she says or it might be right there in the top dresser drawer. I open it and say "just laying on top?" She says, "Maybe under some stuff." After shuffling papers, I find it buried under a tray. 

I give her a puzzled look and ask why she took it. She says she didn't take it. She says she guesses she never gave it back. I shake my head and leave the room. When I get into the kitchen, I realize that what she said didn't make any sense, since I had just done the "retrace in my head."  I go back into her room and ask her why she took my card. She covers her head and says, "I don't know."  The suspicion hackles come up immediately and I start watching her like a hawk.

Tonight I came home from tennis and asked again why she took my card. Her excuse was she was afraid that I wasn't going to give her anymore money for gas. I asked her if she took it out of my purse. She smiled sweetly and said, "no mom, you left it on the counter. "  I probably did leave the card on the counter but I think she is just trying to keep "her hands in it." Damn kids......

Case Closed

I was distressed over this and talked about it with a counselor friend of mine. According to the counselor, Triple D will have these fleeting moments because her brain is still not back to "normal." "Picking up" the card was not right but she stopped short of using it for other purposes. Her drug abuse caused her to lose her moral values and then the stealing and lying became a habit. I don't really get it but , I suppose, I'll take the counselor's word on it.......

5 comments:

  1. When we started to have problems with Nancy's son lying, Nancy found an excellent way of dealing with it. Of course this was when he was in junior high school, so this does not work on all ages.. but anyway: When he would have to "fess-up" she would make him put his explanation in writing. She would then read it, and it if didn't make sense or ring true, she would tell him and he would have to write it out again. Usually the second, rarely, the third time he would write out the actual circumstances because he didn't want to do all that writing. It worked pretty well, actually and he's a good stand-up kid. I thought that was an interesting approach, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triple D is doing pretty good. She still has a long way to go but she is trying to control her impulses. Baby steps, I guess.

    I could see me trying to get her to write me a letter on what happened...LOL....I can barely get her out of bed! (which is another slow moving thing) drugs are BAD...and the after effects can be just as bad........

    Baby steps...Thanks for the idea though...I've my granddaughters to use this one on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... That would be a pain in the ass, wondering when she was going to take something again. I don't know what else to say here. I hope she doesn't do it again, for whatever excuse. I liked the song in the video. It had a good beat to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you keep your cool? I'd lose mine, jump up and down and holler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GG the song shows how little control I have over ME! That screaming and loudness is ME going crazy...

    The beat the banging around is how I feel ARRRGGGGHHH!

    ReplyDelete