William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Sunday, June 27, 2010

CocoRosie - Lemonade


So TE (the engineer, my hubby) says to me, "be careful what you say on the internet. You've been known to speak without thinking and you talk too much". Hummmm.........

We were watching Dexter tonight and his sister had stopped drinking and smoking and chasing men..........she was spewing off at the mouth and Ol' Dexter says almost the same thing as TE only he's not talking about the internet...he's just talking in general. The sis says since she is not smoking, drinking nor chasing men she should have at least one vice. I agree......I've been thinking that I'm not fun anymore. I had said I was going to have sex with strange men but TE was gonna get mad about that since I don't have it with him either...........so............ I think I'll enjoy the only vice I have left..........spewing off at the mouth

TE also thinks all I do is play games on the computer. But I really do quite a bit of research. Read on......

My brother put this video up on Facebook the other day. Stupid me.......I had to press the button. The song has haunted me ever since. I've done some research on these girls and they are really an enigma to me.
Listen if you dare.......

They are an Indie band. Their genre of music is called freak folk.  Bob and I had this discussion on what exactly Indie meant. I always thought that it was a movie or musician that was not well known. As it turns out that may not always be the case. He says it's just that the companies that produce the music or movie may not be well known.

Their real names are Bianca "Coco" and Sierra "Rosie" Casady. Sierra is the dark haired one.She also has the sweetest singing voice. Bianca's voice is very unusual. I can't quite decide how to describe it. It's not unpleasant........It's just like a little girls voice talking.....but scratchier??? Maybe a bit like Janis Joplin? I don't know, you'll just have to listen to the song.

In the interviews that I've watched they don't seem to be comfortable with it all yet. I've seen some post that say they're high but who knows for sure? I thought their face make up was unique and when I googled them FaceCulture came up. I thought that was why they were made up like they were......because they belonged to a group called FaceCulture. As it turns out that is a magazine that I think specifically interviews Indie bands.

One other song that I liked was Werewolf. I also listened to Jesus Loves Me and that one was disturbing. I'm sure that they are sending a message........I'm just not sure what the message is. They have a few CDs. Grey Oceans seems to be the latest and that is the CD that Lemonade is on.

Hopefully putting all this in writing will now allow me to sleep in peace..........goodnite

No comments:

Post a Comment