William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lucy's Mind at Work

My first thought was to write about Baby who is my 3 year old granddaughter. I've raised 4 kids and for the moment I'm  raising her. I feel much like WC Fields when he said???....hum......what did he say???

so this is how it happens.......... 

Lucy's Mind at Work

I google famous quotes about children.

First I see Groucho Marx and I think maybe I got the wrong guy but the only thing about kids that he has is...."I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it." I think that is lame......I'd love to have the brain of a 4 year old.....even a 4 year old can stay on task longer than I can.

 Then I see on the sidebar... if I like Groucho check out George Carlin. I LOVE George Carlin!!! The quote that catches my attention is ....."One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor." That reminds me that I'm not drinking. This in turn reminds me of Al-Anon and what a lady said in there........ "If you have one foot in the future and the other in the past, then your peeing all over today".  I begin to wonder if that was her actual quote or if someone else said it first. I go back to the quote section and begin a search.

 I find this quote by Albert Einstein, "The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion". What ever the hell that means? When I click that quote, it takes me to his quote of  "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". I think that is kind of funny since today in tennis I kept trying to hit this same drop shot over and over and it was NOT working..... did I change my plan?? NOOO....I guess I play insane tennis. But for real, they say that quote in Al-Anon a lot......strange huh?

This, in turn, makes me think about Baby's mom who is busy rehabbing. She is in a half way house now.......I want her rehabilitated........I DO NOT want to raise Baby forever.

I wonder what the success rate for recover is?

 I start searching for the rates of success. It's confusing to find these statistics since each rehab center rates success differently. Some just rate the success based on those who complete the 30/60/90 day program. The days depend on the place. TQ was  in a center that goes for 30 days. She has succeeded  as far as that rehab is concerned. She stayed clean while she was there. She attended the required meetings. She saw a counselor weekly. She stayed open minded and followed all suggestions. She took her medicine as required. The 1/2 way house that she is in now seems to be a good place.....but.........Oh wait.........this was not where I was going with this blog.

I was looking for WC Fields quote about kids........I love my grand girls but I REALLY would like to be grandma just for a day.

Finally! I find WC Fields but one quote says " I love kids....fried"  the other says "I love kids......cooked properly".

That is not the quote I'm looking for since they are so much better battered ...with a little assault and pepper.......ahem......a little joke there.

Later I will look to see if I made that up or if it was done by someone famous...........right now....I'm tired

3 comments:

  1. Ha, finally I understand life here, and many of the people: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly, GG mostly everyone I know are insane

    John...haha.....have to invite the neighbors!

    ReplyDelete