William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all

William Kirwill the American from "Gorky Park" says it all
"Born-again Christians. They don't smoke, they don't swear, they don't fuck" That's me minus the Christian part


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Judicial System At Work

I don't really care if anyone agrees with me or not.

I have not had much faith in our judicial system for a long time. I've always thought that you are NEVER innocent until proven guilty.......you are guilty until you prove your innocence.

The media takes over and they put people out to dry before the trial even begins. They create hysteria. The general public sometime appear to be small sheep ready to be led .  People develop biases and begin to chant "Hang Her High". I swear it was like a witch hunt with Nancy Grace at the head of the pack.

Believe me when I say that I'm sure Casey had something to do with her child's death...but possibly so did her parents or that meter guy?? I don't know...........all I do know is that there were too many questions that were not answered.

There was a reasonable doubt............which makes it impossible to convict someone.

I'm not much on fighting about all this.........I just know what I believe. I see all the post on face book wishing her death and damnation. I wonder if those people could be trusted to be on any jury.........

My faith in our system was given a bit of a boost by not convicting her. She may be guilty as hell.....so might OJ or Michael Jackson......I don't know. I only know what the facts said..........and the facts created reasonable doubt.

The mistake I think that the prosecution made was to have all the possible charges lumped into one case. I'm not sure if they could have seperated them.

She was found NOT guilty of any serious charges. Thursday the judge will pass down sentencing.
She was found guilty on four counts of providing false information to law enforcement, which are misdemeanors. It's possible she could be released from prison later this week.

10 comments:

  1. I am SO with you on this... Nancy Grace and Jane Valezques Whatever... just rant and rant and rant on this. If someone should differ with them on an issue, they cut them off at the ankles.

    Had I been on the jury, I would have voted for the manslaughter charge... I am convinced that she was 'knocking' the little girl out with something, going out and partying, and being back home when she came to...

    This is sad... very sad.

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Shoes.....Grace makes me want to puke just looking at her.

    I'll be curious to hear what made the jury decide the way they did.

    Some stipulated that they didn't like the prosecution...........maybe.......*see my favorite quote by Robert Frost above right*

    ReplyDelete
  3. During the whole trial....all I could think about was the movie Chicago with Richard Gere.........song and dance.......quite a circus

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a big difference to being on a jury than being one of the baying mob on the sidelines. I think most jurors want to see justice done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely believe she's guilty. But the problem was that they couldn't place her at the crime. Lack of proof. So the reasonable doubt thing has significance here. I wish they would have had it enough there against her. Maybe karma will come back and bite her in the ass someday.

    And yeah, it was one hell of a circus and career boost for Nancy Grace. God, she's annoying.

    I wonder what hell the members of the jury are going to go through in the future once their name are found out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't follow this case at all, but you make a good point regarding reasonable doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've sat as a juror on two criminal cases. The first was pretty cut-and-dried, but the second was scary... essentially a guy would have been convicted because he was short, fat and dumpy had I not been on the jury.

    If I'm ever convicted of a crime, I am not sure I would want a jury deciding my fate, I'd opt for a judge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't follow the case [we get American tv daily here]...I'm tired of the media making $$ out of people's tragedies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There IS a difference between reporting the news and turning something into a circus, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been too long and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete